Thomas Skinner's Productivity Solutions seminar highlights band saw management FeaturedWritten by Rob Colman July, 24 2012
The Lenox TRV (Tech Rep Vehicle) stole the show at the recent ‘Productivity Solutions Delivered’ series of seminars hosted by Thomas Skinner.
The seminars took place at the Richmond and Winnipeg locations in June and gave customers the opportunity to learn and discuss “all things that cut” with Lenox industry specialists.
Seminar topics included:
• Types of band saw feed systems
• Selecting the right saw blade to maximize your saw’s performance
• Speeds and feeds
• The New Lenox Saw Calc sawing tool
• Carbide vs Bi-Metal for production sawing
• Band Saw Preventative Maintenance
After the presentation, the customers had the opportunity to see the TRV and all of it’s amazing capabilities. This specially designed truck (TRV) which carries an extensive assortment of tools on-board including a 39” flat screen monitor that displays images from a microscope, ensures the Lenox Tech Rep is prepared for whatever maintenance challenges are encountered while on location.
Before they left for the day, customers were treated to a BBQ lunch.
“Thomas Skinner is a first class partner and we are very appreciative of that,” said Andy Caswell, Senior Sales Manager, LENOX. “It was a good group that was comprised of new customers.”
In response to our customers’ continual interest in educational seminars, we will be hosting more seminars throughout 2012. Go to our website www.thomasskinner.com for dates and seminar topics.
Latest from Rob Colman
- Iscar Tools celebrates launch of IQ Product line, shares positive market signals
- Budget 2013 an encouraging boost to manufacturing
- Modular eight-spindle machining
- 5-Axis milling machine for aluminum, alloy and steel parts
- Gray Tools donates $20,000 worth of hand tools to vocational schools in Peel District School Board