Thomas Skinner Calgary open house ropes in a crowd FeaturedWritten by Rob Colman August, 06 2012
Daniel Gebremicael, a machinist at Kudu Industries, takes a ride on the Renegade Roper during the Thomas Skinner Open House in Calgary, AB.
Thomas Skinner ‘rounded up a posse’ and customers came in droves to enjoy a western style Open House complete with smokin’ hot demos, manufacturer experts and an opportunity to try their hand on the Renegade Roper!
A stompin’ good time was had by the more than 200 customers that attended the Calgary location Open House on July 5th, 2012. “With the opening of the Calgary Stampede on everyone’s mind, we wanted to put on a great show and give our customers a day to remember so a western themed event was the perfect fit,” states Don Babineau, VP of Thomas Skinner.
Several CNC machines were on display and on demo including:
• Haas Mini Mill and TL-2;
• Haas VF-4 demo showing high speed machining, contouring on 4th axis rotary with Sandvik tooling;
• Haas ST-30BBMY demo showing heavy internal turning and full form threading; Y-axis and thread milling; large diameter drilling with Sandvik tooling and anti-vibration silent boring tools;
• Okuma L-300M demo showing heavy 2 axis turning with Sandvik tooling;
• Okuma LB-4000EX/1500BB demo showing heavy 2 axis turning with Sandvik tooling; and
• Okuma M-560V demo showing high speed machining with Sandvik tooling.
Numerous compliments were given to Thomas Skinner employees throughout the day including “this is the most comprehensive and fun show I’ve ever seen”, “what a great time I’ve had, it’s nice to see Thomas Skinner taking such good care of their customers”, “I can’t wait to see what you do next year!”.
Congratulations to Costa and Angela Burca from Western Drilling who were the lucky winners of two tickets for the Calgary Stampede Grandstand event.
Thomas Skinner would like to thank the people who attended its Open House and the many suppliers who helped make this event such a success: Blaser Swisslube, Dormer, Emuge, Haas Automation, Lenox, Mastercam, Mitutoyo, Okuma America, Sandvik Coromant and Schunk.
Visit www.thomasskinner.com for more seminar information.
Latest from Rob Colman
- Iscar Tools celebrates launch of IQ Product line, shares positive market signals
- Budget 2013 an encouraging boost to manufacturing
- Modular eight-spindle machining
- 5-Axis milling machine for aluminum, alloy and steel parts
- Gray Tools donates $20,000 worth of hand tools to vocational schools in Peel District School Board